Online Fitted Dress Shirts
Online fitted dress shirts are nothing like off-the-rack shirts. There are several specific differences that set custom-made shirts apart. The number one consideration is fit. You can enjoy wearing online fitted dress shirts that make you look your best. Anyone who sees you will know that you are well dressed, even if they can’t put their finger on the reason they are impressed with how you look in your clothing. There are many small details you can look for on a dress shirt that give away the fact that the shirt is or is not a high quality garment.
Signs of Good Fit
You can start your assessment of a shirt’s fit with the simple matter of whether or not the shoulder seam of the shirt is at the edge of your shoulder. The seam should not drop below or rise above the shoulder’s edge. Other signs of a good fit follow:
- The sleeves of the shirt are neither billowy and loose nor so tight that you can’t comfortably move in certain positions. Online fitted dress shirts do not cause discomfort by pinching or bunching up anywhere.
- When you bend your arm at the elbow, the shirt cuff should not rise more than one inch up your wrist.
- Your shirt cuffs should reach to where the palm of your hand begins; and they should also be tight enough that they won’t fall further on your hand. The cuff should be a tad looser than a watch that fits properly, and it shouldn’t go any further up the wrist than where you wear your watch.
- The shirt collar, when buttoned, should have no more room than two fingers and no less than room for one finger. If when you turn your head the collar is constricting, the collar is too tight.
- When the length is right on online fitted dress shirts, making natural movements such as bending should not cause the shirt to become untucked. You can test a shirt by folding your hands behind your head. If the shirt remains tucked in, it isn’t too short.
- The armholes on the shirt sleeves should not and will not be tight around the shoulder when you buy online fitted dress shirts.
Signs of a Quality Dress Shirt
When it comes to wearing custom clothing, besides all-important fit, the difference is in the details. The following are just a few of many tell-tale signs of when you are wearing online fitted dress shirts:
- In addition to shirt cuff buttons, you have a gauntlet button, which closes the open area of the sleeve at the forearm.
- There are collar stays in the collar.
- Buttonholes are made by hand, with precision.
You will be so glad you did, if you start looking your best by ordering online fitted dress shirts.